Thursday, May 20, 2010

JOM'S Vision...God's Vision

So often I have heard messages on Our vision or will versus God’s will. Many times these messages talk about how we have differing objectives than God. As if we are banging heads with God about what WE want to do vs. what HE wants us to do.

I think, yes, in some cases that is true. Most cases I think it isn’t that we aren’t seeing eye to eye but rather we aren’t seeing or understanding at all.

JOM (including WYD) is in that position at the moment. My vision for JOM has always been about how God could use me, and you, in small but significant ways.

In the excitement of it all (as ideas abound) I have lost clear sight in what God’s vision for the ministry is. I believe I’m facing the right direction, but I don’t have as sharp of focus.

I know this because of growing frustration in lack of clarity (as well as other areas) and because of a growing sense of…importance? I don’t know if that’s the right word or not as feelings such as we get from God are not always easily described.

For the next couple of weeks, hopefully not longer – God willing, I will be tuning back into God for direction and instruction as to what do we do next…and where (in general) are we going, and (more importantly) how best he can use us.

I’m a bit of a fast mover…I get something in my head and want to act upon it now. Sometimes that’s great, other times it just causes me frustration…I think God and I have a little middle ground work to tend to before we can really get moving.

I post this because if there seems to be lack of updates or postings it’s because I am still working on the “focus” part of our Ministry.

As much we would like to be, we can’t be all things to all people. We each have a specific set of gifts, skills, and abilities that God can use, if we let him. It isn’t our vision vs. His; it’s that our vision isn’t as good as his.

Thank you for your support and I will do my best to keep you updated as often as possible.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment