Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sandy Hook Nightmare - Do you see Jesus?

I don't really have a lot to offer that hasn't been brought up countless times already from everywhere about the events that took place at Sandy Hook.

But I can't help but ask: Do you see Jesus?

When you look at the kids, no doubt you see him - how couldn't you.

But that's not where I'm asking you to look.

Look Here:

Look at Adam Lanza...the man (yes at 20 years old you are a man, no longer a boy at least) that shot at and killed 20 kids at Sandy Hook Elementary.

I'm sure right off you want to say "no." You might say you see "evil" or "the devil" but you don't see Jesus.  I want to say those as well at times.

But I want you to look deeper, beyond Adam...I can't say (nor will I) that Jesus wasn't "in" Adam that day.  But I do know this: Jesus was with him.

Jesus was right there, heart breaking, pouring out his love upon Adam as he unleashed an almost unspeakable horror. Jesus is always there.

Problem was, maybe, no one else was standing there with Jesus. (but that's a different post)

Jesus is with us, all of us, even when - or especially when - we fall, fail, and falter.  No, most of us won't fall to the degree that Adam did, but that doesn't make us better than him or him worse than us.

Yes, grief for the loss of the children.

But let's not forsake the grief at the loss of Adam - he too a child of God. In this case, yes still a child as we all are.

And yes, I am not forgetful of the fact that I personally am not effected by this and what I say may not come so easily were that a different story.

But we must remember who Jesus loves...all of us.

I don't recall there being exemptions.

Are you willing to assign exemptions to that love?

I'm not.

Jesus loves the lost as much as the found...and, at least at one time - if not again at some other point - weren't we all lost before we were found?

So look at the picture of Adam, of the man who shot and killed 20 children not even a week ago...

Do you see Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment