Thursday, October 14, 2010

Me and God don't see eye to eye...

True enough, most times, most days, God and I aren't on the same page.  I think I want the same thing as God wants, but then soon enough I realize that I only wanted him to want what I did.

Most times, I'm looking for outward signs, while God primarily is concerned with what's on the inside...

Case in point - the food drive.

Now, yes, I believe that I am supposed to host the food drive...So far God and I agree there.  Where we might part ways is our view of success.

I would see the success of the food drive as the boxes being over flowing with food and other donations - boy wouldn't that make me feel great!

However, what God's view of a successful food drive might be different, deeper than that, and just because I can't see it, might never see it, doesn't mean I didn't do what I was supposed to do - just means I don't have the right eyes to see it...or it wasn't meant for me to see, at least not yet.

Very hard to do...since we are such an externally measuring society...but God doesn't care what society thinks, or how society measures success - for that we should be thankful!

Last thing I would want, is a God that bows to popular opinion, or measure success the way we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment