Thursday, February 17, 2011

Three Guys, ten pizzas...

This Saturday, me and my buddies will be going to help feed and clothe the homeless as needy for the fifth month in a row.

I don't say this to brag, but I say this to - at the very least - inspire.

Why?

First, if you knew me and my two friends...well, that's reason one. LOL

Second, we had no real plan - we had a plan for something completely different and more self serving...boy how that changed.

Third, the three of us - thanks to wonderful supporters - have somehow managed to keep doing this each month...in fact, after the second time, we made a pact that no matter what ONE of us would be doing it every month.  I'm happy to say, we've always had at least TWO of us there.

Fourth, we couldn't have imagined what it has grown into in just these quick five months.  What went from an initial 10 pizzas, now will be 30 pizzas, 80-plus pairs of socks, blankets, 5-plus garbage bags of clothes, and whatever else we can manage to haul and give away - including gas cards!

If anything, what me, Ryan, and Besu (now Mike!) have done should prove that ANYONE can help.

We didn't write this all down.  We didn't have meetings.  There were no votes.  Just three guys wanting to help out in any way we could.  Nor did we didn't set out for any loftier goal than: more pizzas!  We just decided to do it and do it every month - regardless of what he have to bring (or not to bring).

And I will say this: if you serve it (pizza) they will come!

But honestly, for me, I would have never have even done it the first time if it wasn't for Ryan and Besu willing to do it as well...if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be posting about this.

I'm glad I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment