Tuesday, March 30, 2010

...are we to change, or be?

"We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves."

Lynn Hall, (Where Have All the Tigers Gone?)

I stole this quote from: Grandmasplace

It does beg the question: do we have to change, or should we just BE.

God make us a specific way. Perhaps our problem, our frustration (with ourselves) is not that we need to change ourselves, but that we are not BE-ing the way God built us to be.

For sure, certain things about us tend annoy people, or don't seem all that great. But might that be because we aren't using them correctly?

Case in point: I LOVE to debate. There was a time when I would debate anyone on any subject (even if I knew nothing of it). Sure, that would tick some people off. And for the most part (especially in politics) debate is like butting your head against the wall.

I had always wondered about this, dare I say NEED to debate. I mean, to this day, I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from getting into debates about politics.

Now, is that something I need to change? Perhaps.

Or perhaps, as God finally challenged me, I am to use that NEED, skill, to debate for/argue for God. For love. For others.

I believe there is something about us we do need to change: perspective.

Especially about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment