Thursday, December 31, 2009

Which Bible is THE Bible?

Well, perhaps I'm opening a larger can of worms that I first thought. But I got to thinking about my posts and figured, at least, I should make one more comment - and then leave it at that, for now.

I did pick myself up a KJ (King James) yesterday for 2 bucks! It isn't the KJ that I wanted, but the price was right. It has very small print and is THREE columns wide, instead of the usual two. Ouch!

Okay, why the questions about the different versions? See post below about Galatians.

In my collections of Bibles, a KJ bible was not in my stack, so I picked one up.

My advice about WHICH Bible would be this: READ one version. STUDY with others.

Is your salvation dependent upon it? Nope.

See Galatians 2:16 KJ. Our being saved is through Christ's faith.

But, read, study, look, question...God wants you to!

(quick note about Gnostic Bibles, etc... I believe it would be a waste of time to read those Bible to learn anything - entertainment? Sure, knock yourself out. But as for the validity of those Bibles. Well, there are far more intelligent people who could tell you why those books really have no ground to stand upon. So I won't even bother with it here - just this: the Gnostic Gospels were written between the 2nd-4th century. Yes, that means HUNDREDS of years AFTER Jesus' death. HUNDREDS of years after the Gospels and letters that make up the NT we know today)

No comments:

Post a Comment