Tuesday, November 3, 2009

101 Ways to Get your Prayers Answered!

Naw, just kidding...

I’ve never been good with prayers…by that I mean, I’m not sure that I exactly know what I’m doing when I pray.

Sure, I used to ask for stuff: health, safety, etc. for myself and for friends and family.

But that started to feel…I don’t know, silly in a way.

More less, sure I don’t want friends and family to suffer, but I’m also asking for their health and safety for selfish reason as well.

I still do on occasion, but I’ve turned toward a few things with my prayers (such as they are.)

1) Being thankful what I have and have been given. Blessing of all sorts, from health, safety, financial, and of course friends and family!
2) How I can help others, or to use my blessings to bless others.
3) Guidance in various areas that I feel need help.

Then the issue becomes…HOW does one pray.

Kneel?

Close the eyes?

Raise hands in the air?

The best way that I feel I pray is writing it down. Like a letter to God. All other ways don’t give me the same feeling…though I figure God already knows.

Sometimes I just talk to him too…

Then there are times when no prayer seems right, so I pray The Lord’s Prayer, sometimes a few times in a row…

But I think that the problems is: I think it should be harder, more complicated, than it is…no sacrifice is required, no priest, no action, no nothing…God knows my heart, God knows what’s on my mind, what I am seeking, I just need to relax and be…and talk…pray…or write…

1 comment:

  1. One of the characters (a black maid) in the book we talked about earlier, always wrote out her prayers. I think prayer is simply communication between me and God; sometimes I pray quietly, sometimes I scream and sometimes I write things out very logically. We talk in different ways and it's all prayer.

    ReplyDelete