Saturday, November 7, 2009

My humble case for a Creator...


Not that I feel that I need to argue this point...but it was something that I have thought about. Especially during times of doubt.
We pretty much take it that Leonardo Da Vinci painted this painting...we would even say we KNOW he did.
Do we?
How do we really know that he painted this? Truth is, we don't. We, in a way, take it on faith.
Oh, there's A LOT of circumstantial evidence pointing to the fact he did...there is no 100% proof!
In fact, there is no proof that ANYONE painted this painting.
Sure, it would be hard to believe that the painting JUST HAPPENED...yet, that is what we tend to believe about life.
Because, why, science says so?
What does science say about life?
Almost everything, but how it started, how life was CREATED.
Funny...all that science CAN PROVE...
...it CAN'T PROVE Da Vinci painted "The Last Supper."
Sure, science can tell us what paints were used, what the paints were made of, the canvass, the brushes used, the period of time it was painted, etc...
But science can't tell us WHO painted it.
Now, I may not be able to paint a picture like "The Last Supper"...but I KNOW I can't create life...not with all the practice in the world.
Couldn't the painting just have happened? By accident?
After all it is just a bunch of paint on a canvass that appears to LOOK like the last supper...The Virgin Mary has "appeared" in a grilled cheese sandwich hasn't she?
No...I believe the painting was created. I believe that Da Vinci DID created it too! (Even if because books written by "man" told me so - AND I also LOVE science by the way - and Science Fiction!)
It's when I see paintings, or hear music, or a drawing, or a books...it's THEN that I regain my faith.
If we can create something so simple...something, someone HAD to have created us.

No comments:

Post a Comment