Friday, November 20, 2009

The Unvarnished Gospels...

I have been reading “The Unvarnished Gospels” – which is a “non-Christian” translation or the four Gospels.

I say, “non-Christian” because (as it’s pointed out in the book) these men who wrote the Gospels (M,M,L,J) were not “Christian” or did not consider themselves “Christian” but rather Jews. They viewed themselves as Jews with a message (Gospel) to other Jews, and gentiles as well.

So the translation I’m reading of the four Gospels is one that tries it’s best to convey the original Greek they were written in, rather than highlighting the Christian viewpoint – which is what other translations do.

Are there big changes? Shocking differences?

No..at least I haven’t found any. Then again, I have not done a side by side comparison – yet.

Even so, I don’t believe there would be any major differences…it’s just another way of looking at the Gospels, to try and get a better understanding, a different viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment