Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"(Always) New" and "(Always) Improving!"

Recently I had been feeling "out of sorts." Frustrated and "itchy" is the best way I can describe it. Things that once appealed to me, no longer do, things I wasn't bothered by I started to be...it's an odd feeling, and "frustrating" at times. There were also things that I wish I could change and haven't yet.

To get better, to be better.

Needing a "warm fuzzy" God opened my eyes to this verse in a scripture journal I have:

Philippians 1:6

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

So, yes, those feelings I have been "feeling" are part of this "good work" that is being done in me and I see that and accept that. And I had to laugh at it as well.

The verse did say to me: yes, those feelings are normal and are part of the process.
But it also said this: this process will not end, until the end!

Ah! Great! I get to look forward to more of these changes! These "frustrated" feelings! Wooo!

Okay, I'm being a little sarcastic in my joy of looking forward to "frustration." It is nice to know that these "frustrations" are proof of the "good work" that is being done in me by Jesus. It is also nice to know that Jesus will keep on working on me...I don't have to worry about being perfect, or changing overnight, or make a list of what's "wrong" with me...Jesus is working on ALL of that - and he won't quit!

Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

We do that and Jesus will take care of the rest...when we get out of the way, he does his best work.

Yet again...(say it with me) GO WITH THE FLOW.

1 comment:

  1. Go With the Flow
    Go With the Flow

    I am trying to do that, too. And I agree with you it's a two-steps-forward; one-step-back type process. But we are making progress!

    ReplyDelete