Friday, January 8, 2010

Go With The Flow...

Again, I've been picking through the Julia Cameron Book "Vein of Gold."

I'm in the chapter "Boredom."

(quickly, this book is about tapping into the creative vein of gold through various "kingdoms")

I am discovering that much of what she says about creativity could be said for faith as well.

Such as:

"A little boredom is good for (faith)."

She goes on to say that boredom is the symptom "excessive ego is the underlying malady. When we are bored, we are usually sulking."

You ever sulk in your faith? I have!

I think I sulk at some point every day, if I am being honest.

Julia then writes about a W.A. Mathieu. A musician.

Mathieu was getting disappointed in his music and performances (though I doubt many noticed this internal struggle). Mathieu says, "I realized that my music had gotten stuck because I was trying to prove something. Too much ego in it. I hadn't stepped out of the way."

THAT smacked me right up the head!

Take music out and put in faith. "I realized that my (faith) had gotten stuck because I was trying to prove something. Too much ego in it. I hadn't stepped out of the way."

In "life" there is a pecking order, all around us, at work, in circle of friends, you name it...faith is not exempt.

Most of it is self imposed...I SHOULD be like this, I SHOULD be doing that, I want to be special!

But being special is NOT the same as being VALUED.

God values you, just how you are. Got things you want to change? Sure, he'll help you with it, but you have to "get out of the way."

Again, go with the flow.

1 comment:

  1. We do tend to measure our faith against others, don't we, and then judge ourselves based on that "worldly" measurement.

    God doesn't do that so why do we?

    ReplyDelete