Friday, January 22, 2010

What's your donkey?

First off - apologies to Max Lucado. I really haven't given him much credit. Of the few books I had read of him, they weren't "deep" thinkers, and because of that I wrote them off. It came to pass, that a couple weeks ago I happened upon a vast collection of his books at the thrift store and they were...well, VERY cheap. So I snagged them up.

I'm glad I did, they have been good reads.

So, as for the donkey.

I'm reading: And The Angels Were Silent.

In one of his chapters he talked about the man with the donkey (the one that Jesus "borrowed" to ride in on). Max went on to ask: what's your donkey? What do YOU have that the Lord could use/needs/wants...

I like that - What's Your Donkey?

It can be anything, any talent, any dream, and object, any action...and I believe that we actually have MANY MANY donkeys in our stable, at our disposal.

Might not be a bad idea if we listed our donkeys...I'm guessing we'll discover that we have a lot more to offer than we give ourselves credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment