Friday, January 29, 2010

God Is Love

I've been thinking about this phrase for a few days now.

God Is Love.

...but do we really, truly, honestly believe it?

Think about it.

Not God WAS Love or WILL BE Love, but IS LOVE.

Sometimes, when I hear messages from others, I wonder...Some things they say about God (i.e. how God is, deals with us, thinks of us, etc.) don't sound so...loving.

I think we aren't fully able to accept what love really is - there's too much out there that distracts us, that takes our eyes away from what love really is.

And of course there's the enemy out there trying his (literally) damnedest to make sure we don't fully understand it.

I'm even trying to wrap my head around it and so far I've come up with this: I'm waaaaaaaaaay off. Not even close to TRUE LOVE - in a sense I "fall short" I "miss the mark."

Don't we all.

But I'm not just talking about action, but the thoughts. How I THINK love is, or should be.

Like Jesus said, if I can think of something loving how much MORE does God? Unfortunately, I think we don't give God nearly enough credit for Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment