Monday, January 11, 2010

Nothing complicated...

A struggle even for me is to NOT make faith so complicated. It shouldn't be; isn't meant to be.

We each may do things that help us grow in our faith, but we should be watchful that they don't become the "rule."

When I started writing, I wrote for fun, and I wrote often. Then I did something stupid: I bought books on writing.

My writing died, for quite some time.

So many books told me HOW to write, but they differed from each other (because each of us write in our own way). So after reading these HOW TO books, I began to question my writing, to think it of it in terms of the newest book I was reading.

Some skills need a HOW TO. Pottery, knitting, carpentry, cooking, etc...

But the writing books were not about HOW to actually write a sentence, but crafting a story...there's something you can't teach, not really.

Crafting is an experience.

Don't kill your faith with complicated ideas and notions and rules and rituals. You will stumble, you will doubt, you will get mad at God, you will be sad...faith is an experience...might as well enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment