Friday, February 12, 2010

God Chat tid-bits...

I reread this just now:

(we were chatting about this that and the other thing...writing mainly and this came up) God's in Blue.

What about the ministry?

What about it?

Where's it going? Feels like nowhere.

You will never know all the impact you have, and will, make on others. (this goes for) Everyone. If you could see it, know it...

You don't think BIG enough. (I took this to mean depth if not more than size of thinking)

You say I'm so big, but expect so little of me. (meaning, we don't believe he will come through, or not through enough - lack of faith)

We did some back and forth about other stuff, which I didn't get down. But I did get this:

Sometimes I feel I was meant for something more than this.

You all are. It's sad how little you expect of yourselves (we don't think we can accomplish much) and how little you will allow yourselves. It does nobody any good. That is NOT being humble. Thinking down on yourself accomplishes nothing but keeping you down.

But why are there pastors, teachers, ministers, etc. that tell us otherwise?

They don't. Not all of them. For those that do teach that way, their reasons vary and are personal. Some are misguided or have been mislead themselves. Sometime, YOU miss hear, or misunderstand their message - your own internal bias. If there are two sides to a message, you might "hear" it the way you want to hear it: them being down. When really, they are not.

So there you have it...more God Chats.

Take them how you will.

I suppose I will continue to post them here, take a step of faith as it were...to become more fearless.

Since Mom and Sis are picking words of the year I think I'll pick mine too.

FEARLESS.

2 comments:

  1. At least I'm in the right field if it happens to turn out that I'm going crazy!

    ReplyDelete