Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My "Conversation" with God...

In my second time through reading Friendship With God. I wondered if God, too, would have a conversation with me...perhaps that could give me a bit more perspective of Walsch's book.

I decided to give it a shot yesterday. And...

It was an interesting experience. Hard to describe.

What I did was allow myself to be available for God to speak. I did this in silence, as I wanted no disruption and complete attention.

Then I asked questions. (I did this by writing the question down in a notebook, then writing the response I was given)

I will divulge this much: There are still (I'm guessing always will be) hang ups that I have. Mainly these hang-ups come from stuff in the Bible.

The message I was given, was not to worry about them...some things we just won't fully understand (in the Bible) or understand at all. There were more important things to do than to "waste" time pondering these issues.

Someday some might be answered, but most likely many of them won't be - until, you know when.

One more thing.

"Spend time with me," I was told.

I knew what he meant by that, and that was cool.

And he "made" me make a promise with him with something I had to do last night...and yes, I kept it!

Final thought of the experience?

Give it a shot.

Be still and listen...
...and be ready!

1 comment: