Thursday, February 11, 2010

The only thing to fear...

In another "God Chat" (as I will call them) he and I got around to fear.

We fear a lot...

Some big fears...some little fears.

Many of our fears hold us back.

Hold us back from our best.

Somehow we think that if we "hunker" down and not take a chance that it will alleviate our fear. Wrong.

It only makes fear stronger.

Only by going through our fears to we get rid of them. Give in to one fear (no matter how small) it'll be that much easier to give into another.

Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of ridicule...etc.

Fear to Dream.

I am a Dreamer...I have come to realize that. I think we all are.

I used to think that it was bad to be a Dreamer...not "adult" enough, not "level headed"...not "mature."

But I can't help it...the more I fight it, the more the Dreamer in me kicks and screams and throws a tantrum.

Okay, I'm rambling...

The Better Half had a great goal for this year - To Live Fearless.

To which I say: Why Not?

The only thing we have to fear........

2 comments:

  1. I love that goal - "to live fearless".

    I, too, am also coming to terms with the idea of "Hopes and Dreams". Our culture is so focused on end results that we avoid everthing but the sure things in life - thus making sure we actually have an end result. Instead we should focus on the dreaming. And not "fear" or worry about where it might lead us. (God is very good at wild surprises!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God called me out on the "sure thing" aspect of life...Yes, I want the sure thing, I want to KNOW before I attempt something that it will work out.

    But, He said, we ultimately wouldn't like it if it was a "sure thing."

    There would be no fun in it, no suprise, to thrill, and...no pride of accomplishment.

    Yes, we can be proud of what we have accomplished!

    In fact, we SHOULD be.

    ReplyDelete