Monday, October 12, 2009

3 years...

Little did I know that today is my 3-year anniversary with my current company.

While, three years isn't a very long time, it did get me to thinking about what else I COULD'VE accomplished in those three years.

1) written a book
2) saved more money
3) given more money
4) and on...
5) ...and on...

So, naturally, I got to thinking what CAN I do in the next three years? Or however long I'm around.

Go figure, the list is about the same.

Many are easy, and don’t take too much effort. They shouldn’t either. Helping others doesn’t have to be painful for us too!

We don’t have to give ‘til it hurts, because eventually we might not have anything left to give.

Heck, just one dollar makes a difference – even in times like these!

As for the book…well, we’ll see about that. I have many story ideas (there is never a shortage of those) but many of them don’t lend themselves to book length.

Maybe God will provide me with the Great American Novel idea…or the next “See Spot Run.”

2 comments:

  1. I like to think that the past three years have been spent in preparation for what God has planned for you for the next three years. And who can ever guess the plans God has!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hope that what I have learned (from stubbing my own toes) in the past three years, can be put to good use.

    All the while keeping the Ego in check - that's the tough part.

    ReplyDelete