Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kirk Cameron and I agree!

Okay, so during the half price book sale Angel found "The Way of the Master" Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort's ministry deal.

Morbid curiosity got the bset of me and we bought it. I have been reading it here and there. While I have not agreed with EVERYTHING their broadcast talks about, I figured what would be the harm in reading their book...maybe I wasn't understanding them exactly right.

As it turns out, they and I agree with something (who’d have guessed).

In a section that I just finished, they were talking (they go back and forth in the book) about the current (2004) trend in churches to speak about the “wonderful life God has planned.” And how these messages (on purpose or by accident or both) lead people to believe that if they believe in Jesus and become a TRUE and REAL Christian that their lives will be full of happiness. That God’s protective hand will be hovered over them at all times and nary a problem will plague their lives.

I’m aware of some of these messages.

Yes, we are promised “abundant life” not “a life of abundance.”

Ups-downs, left-rights, sun-rain, health-sickness, good-bad, best-worst…all are “life” and Jesus promises us that we are going to get a TON of it!

Woo-hoo!

I know, doesn’t sound the best at first…but as I had stated before. Experiencing the lows, makes the “highs” that much better.

If we happen to agree again, or if I happen to sign on to their theology, I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment