Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Economic Stimulus Plan...

This past weekend, Half Price Books had a HUGE book sale. No, not just a huge book for sale, but a huge sale of books.

Actually, it was books, dvd’s, cd’s, LP’s etc.

NOTHING was over $3.00! Three is almost Free!

There were rows upon rows upon rows of everything…

Of course we picked up quite a bit of stuff:

Among some of our purchases included cookbooks, craft books, and gifts for others.

One thing I picked up was Billy Graham's Autobiography: Just as I am.

It's a hefty book.

I just started it last night...so far it's pretty interesting.

Even when he "recommitted" to God, he didn't FEEL much of anything...of course, he got ribbed at school about it - there was even a joke made about "here comes our Pastor Graham".

I honestly do not know much about the man. I was aware of him - you'd have to live under a rock not to - but I can't say I ever heard a sermon of his, and if I did, I don't remember it.

If I come across anything else I'll be sure to pass it along!

If you’ve heard a message from him, or learned something about/from him, pass it along!

3 comments:

  1. Billy Graham has always been an evangelist that I could trust. Actually I think he is the only one. I can't hear the song Just as I Am without thinking of him and his crusades. I always thought it would be neat to be able to make that public declaration by walking to the podium while Cliff Barrows sang that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding it very interesting to read about his "humble" start into the life God had for him...you just assume that they've always known or that some angel came and told them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to read your book sometime. Grandma might like it too.

    ReplyDelete