Thursday, October 29, 2009

All Good Things Come To An End...

Last day of the food drive is tomorrow.

I want to complain, so I will.

For one, we have been plagued by poor weather. Rain on almost every day of the drive.
And it sounds like rain tomorrow too.

Also, there has been rain so dang much that the signs keep getting ruined or detachting from the posts.

NOW, I find that work rears it’s ugly head, and I won’t be able to do ANYTHING for the drive tomorrow outside of putting out the box and the sign (which I have to fix, AGAIN).

So, forget the donuts, and the coffee…all I get to do is leave out the box and the sign.

And, at last check, all that has been put in the box is leaves from the trees.

I take solace though, in the fact that I have such a caring family that they have made this food drive a success! We will be able to deliver a box and a half of food! And have some donations as well!

It’s easy to get down, but I won’t. But I will vent my frustration. Especially at the people who park on our street for work…sometimes I think of standing on my stoop and yelling at them.

Alas, I will thank God for the opportunity and thought to do it…because if anything came out of it, the knowledge that more of this sort of thing needs to be done. And that more of us need to encourage more and more people to do the same.

A sad lesson, though. Yet a very hopeful one, too.

It’s up to God, and those who park out there, now…

(Just like God said, and Ortberg points out – how true your post Mom)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Chris, you made your move in this game perfectly. Feel good about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very eerie, the security letters I had to type for my post were exfoodd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the one I had for yours was "crist"

    'tis weird.

    ReplyDelete